Keep it simple!
Dumbbells are an excellent way to add resistance: They are found in most gyms and are usually more available than machines. Find a small area and you’re ready for a full body strength session!
Goblet Squat – Strengthen your legs, hips, glutes, and core
- Dumbbell against chest
- Elbows to the insides of your knees
- Drive knees apart
- Weight in heels
Reverse Fly – Stabilize your shoulders and prevent rotator cuff injuries
- Body in deadlift position OR supported on an incline bench
- Relax neck and upper trap muscles
- Squeeze shoulder blades together, keeping slight bend in elbows
Deadlift – Build lower back and glute strength
- Reach hips backwards
- Keep chest tall, shoulders packed down away from ears
- Low back remains flat, not rounded
Lunge row – Engage mid and upper back muscles, arms, and core
- Long lunge stance, back foot turned out
- Left elbow on left knee
- Right elbow reaching up and back (then repeat on other side)
What’s your go-to dumbbell move?